USC makes Top-4, Pac-12 keeps 6 teams in latest College Football Playoff rankings
The USC Trojans are No. 4 in the College Football Playoff rankings with only the Pac-12 Championship Game remaining on their schedule.
There was some debate if the Trojans (11-1, 8-1 Pac-12) would be ranked ahead of Ohio State (11-1, 8-1 Big Ten) for the final spot in the playoff after SC’s win over a ranked Notre Dame and the Buckeyes rivalry loss at home to Michigan, but the committee answered that question with the four-spot for Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams.
Still, USC needs a victory over Utah in Friday’s conference championship game to ensure their spot in college football’s postseason.
The Pac-12 still has six teams in the College Football Playoff rankings ahead of conference championship weekend. USC is No. 4, with Utah at No. 11.
Washington is No. 12, Oregon State is No. 15, Oregon is No. 16, and UCLA is No. 17.
The full CFP Rankings as of Tues., Nov. 29th, with only one more rankings to follow on Sun., Dec. 4th.
- Georgia Bulldogs (12-0)
- Michigan Wolverines (12-0)
- TCU Horned Frogs (12-0)
- USC Trojans (11-1)
- Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1)
- Alabama Crimson Tide (10-2)
- Tennessee Volunteers (10-2)
- Penn State Nittany Lions (10-2)
- Clemson Tigers (10-2)
- Kansas State Wildcats (9-3)
- Utah Utes (9-3)
- Washington Huskies (10-2)
- Florida State Seminoles (9-3)
- LSU Tigers (9-3)
- Oregon State Beavers (9-3)
- Oregon Ducks (9-3)
- UCLA Bruins (9-3)
- Tulane Green Wave (10-2)
- South Carolina Gamecocks (8-4)
- Texas Longhorns (8-4)
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-4)
- UCF Golden Knights (9-3)
- North Carolina Tar Heels (9-3)
- Mississippi State Bulldogs (8-4)
- NC State Wolfpack (8-4)