Our own John Canzano published the full roster of investors in the Portland Diamond Project on Wednedsay evening on OregonLive.
The list includes thirteen names, headlined by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife and recording artist superstar Ciara, who formally announced their investment into PDP in June 2018.
These are the so-called “charter” members of the Portland Diamond Project in the effort to bring MLB to Portland.
- Russell Wilson
- Harvey Platt, former CEO of Platt Electric, and wife Sandy
- Darwin Barney, Former big leaguer/OSU Baseball star
- Samantha Richardson, retired business owner and philanthropist
- Mike Fritz, CEO/Founder of DWFritz Automation, and wife Kristin
- Rick Dillon, founder and CEO of Avamere Group
- Grant Hammersley, Opus Agency co-founder and restauranter
- Marcus Harvey, Founder/CEO of Portland Gear
- Dan Portait, Founder of Kamp Grizzly, and wife Sheena
- Mark Allen, NIKE VP of Global Footwear Product Creation, and wife Peg
- Tyler Williams, Founder/Entrepreneur, Jevo
- Kelsey Williams, real estate broker
Craig Cheek, founder of the Diamond Project, said the listed investors helped get the project off the ground to show Major League Baseball that Portland should be considered a “serious contender” for a big league team.
For more on the investors, read Canzano’s Oregonian piece here.